Thursday, October 17, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Save Ferris

Save Ferris is a ska band from the 90's -I guess it's more early 2000's since it came out in 1999. I haven't thought about these guys in a hot minute. If you've seen 10 Things I Hate About You you're slightly familiar with them (along with Letters to Cleo). 10 Things, by the way, another phenomenal soundtrack. And while we're on the topic of 90's teen movies, my faves are 10 Things, Can't Hardly Wait, Get Over It, and Josie and the Pussycats. Wow, I could totally go for a throwback movie day.

Well, I've been meaning to re-listen to Modified for a while now, and let me say that it didn't disappoint. Still as good as it was back in the day. Back when Best Buy was the bestest place ever(!!!) to get CDs. If you were into Pop Punk, you'll like the album -sometimes the guitar leans more pop punk than ska (has to do with the rhythm). If you're looking for something with a lot of energy, definitely listen to this. Somehow the lead, Monique Powell, has energetic yet soothing vocals.

This album is great if you're recovering from a break-up and you're either a.) not that devastated, or b.) not feeling devastated anymore. This kind of energy is a little unexplainable for me, but it's amazingly appropriate (not too in your face, mellow, but upbeat).

SERIOUSLY. SECOND CHANCE. LISTEN. Hopefully, you'll love it as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment