Friday, April 18, 2014

Nars "Orgasm" Dupe

I've hit pan on my all-time favorite blush, the Nars "Orgasm." I am proud to say, I've hit a lot of pan:



Everyone and their mother swears by "Orgasm," and I definitely can't argue with how great the color is. It's just that I'm not really in a place to be putting down another $30 on a single blush... I should not visit a Sephora or browse online, because we all know where that will end up (my list of Sephora wants is neverending). I've found a great dupe though:


Across the top: Nars "Orgasm"

From left to right:

Milani Baked Blush "Berry Amore"
Milani Baked Blush "Red Vino"
Revlon "Wine Not"
Elf "Tickled Pink"

As you can see Milani's "Berry Amore" takes the cake. It's not as shimmery, but it still has the orange undertones, and possible a better color payoff.

I had been scouring YouTube for "Orgasm" dupes and found out about, Milani's Baked Blushes. I've only really tried their eyeshadow, and it's just been one color, "Shimmering Sand." I'm going to be frequenting CVS more often. Surprisingly, there aren't too many by me. I usually go to Target for makeup, but it seems like CVS always has sales and what seems like a better selection. Throw in the Beauty Club and the Extra Care rewards, and I'm in heaven.

I actually thought "Red Vino" would be the best, but it turns out "Berry Amore" is the clear winner here. I'm glad I got to try these out because it was buy one get one 50% off at CVS. When it comes down to it. I've saved about $10 (compared to $30 on the Nars), but my products will also last me much longer!

And what am I doing with so many blushes? Well, they won't go to waste. Right now, I've got "Tickled Pink" and "Wine Not" in my purse makeup bag. I'm not too bad about collecting makeup, but I do have a purse makeup bag that I only use while out and about, so I have extras in there. I also, like any other girl, stock up on essentials when there's a sale; it's mostly eyeliners.

I love hitting pan, and using up products, but I will be sad to see "Orgasm" go.

UPDATE:
Nars contains .16 oz of product.
Milani contains .12 oz of product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment