Saturday, May 10, 2014

Breakfast Sandwiches

There are two great things in this world: breakfast and sandwiches, and with their powers combined...

I like eggs with cheddar and Parmesan. Add bacon and a bagel, and you have a delightful breakfast sandwich.

Egg, bacon, cheddar, and Parmesan on an everything bagel.

Egg, bacon, cheddar, and Parmesan on a plain bagel.
I made these on both everything bagels and plain bagels. There's a lot going on, so I'd suggest the plain bagel... I didn't really have any options the day I made it with the everything bagel. But if you want A LOT going on, feel free to use that! No complaints about the taste.

A friend of mine made me a sandwich with ham, bacon, egg, cheddar, and Monterrey Jack. Put that on a Hawaiian bread bun, and you have a sweet and salty combo that's amazing.

An unexpected combination are blueberry bagels with sausage, egg, and cheese. You can get these at Dunkin' Donuts in a pinch. Blueberry bagels and sausage is just a phenomenal combination. I think they're like the same flavor, only one is sweet and the other is salty.

I haven't gotten around to it, but I want to make breakfast sandwiches with brie and avocado -but not necessarily together, but why not? ;-D

And I must say, the Sugar Bowl [1494 Miner St, Des Plaines, IL 60016] gets a shout out. They have an avocado Benedict that's to die for. So if you're feeling ambitious, put avocado on top of that Benedict! Never made Hollandaise, although I have a recipe for it. Don't know how involved it is. (Lazy me hasn't even read it! LOL)

There's something about making breakfast in the morning that just makes you feel accomplished. Not to mention your stomach is just immensely happy.

Later, Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment