Monday, May 12, 2014

Game Day Food!

Ok. So I lied about getting a non-food post in, but this is somewhat relevant.

I don't really know how to classify this post, except as Game Day Foods. Here in Chicagoland, we're watching the Blackhawks in the playoffs. Admittedly, I'm not a sports fan, but I'm at least vaguely aware of what's going on. :-P

So here's an oddly specific rambling of food I enjoy...

I've fallen a bit out of love with pizza... I know, I'm crazy. But I've enjoyed A LOT of pizza in my pizza hey day. Here's some of my favorite joints:

Adreani's
1940 Touhy Ave
Des Plaines, IL 60018
  • I like the two slice special. You get a large drink. Pizza is great!

Mugavero's (Mug's)
600 West Central Ave / 7228 North Harlem Ave (Touhy & Harlem)
Des Plaines, IL 60016 / Chicago, IL

Called Mug's by locals, I call it Mugavero's like a girlfriend who won't call her boyfriend by his last name.
  • do NOT need extra cheese -they HOOK IT UP.
  • BLT pizza (seems weird, but once you try it, you end up getting a taste for it)
  • Western pizza was very good
  • And, of course, you won't go wrong with a regular pepperoni.
  • Cheesy garlic bread. Always.



Great bar pizza. Watch the games here:
Ye Olde Town Inn (YOTI)
18 W Busse Ave
Mt Prospect, IL 60056

Countryside
(only had once, but couldn't stop eating!)
2501 W Ballard Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016



Featured once before, but my personal all-time favorite:
Brandy's
584 E Oakton St
Des Plaines, IL 60018
  • Get the gyro with extra an pita and extra tzatziki sauce, mozzarella sticks, smoothie or shake.
  • They hook it up with the meat, so make two gyros with the extra pita and sauce. (Seriously, when you make two, the meat to pita ratio is perfect.)
  • And just in general, the menu is so extensive that you will not fail in finding something to eat. (I need to try the chicken gyro with honey mustard...)
  • Not just sandwiches and burgers -you can find a meal that needs a plate.
  • Avoid the pizza puff.


That's all lovelies! Go Blackhawks!

(Side Note: I have to have a shout-out to Google Chrome, whose browser history made it possible for the recovery of this post! I was soo not about to rewrite it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment