Thursday, May 1, 2014

Yum Yum in my Tum

Yesterday, I ventured out (for the second time) to Ramen Misoya. There are no words for how delicious it was. I finished all of it, and it's a hearty portion.

The nice thing about Ramen is that it's filling, but not the I-think-I-need-bigger-pants-and-a-nap full. And miso is also really great for hangovers. There were sheets everywhere espousing the benefits of miso, but considering how tasty is was, I don't even need that.

I ended up getting the same thing, which is what usually happens to me since I like to mix it up and may not go to the same place particularly often. Once I find something I like, I go back to it. Other menu items are motivation to go back (but usually that's within the month).


I got the Kome (full-bodied) Miso, Spicy Ramen with egg and kimchee. That was the first time I had tried kimchee. Yummy. I love the eggs, too. They're hardboiled with the yolks still slightly soft (mmmm....). You can see the potato and corn. I thought those were lovely (Western?) additions.

The place is in a strip mall. It's kind of small inside, but if you go during the day, it's not too bad. There are some tables for larger parties, and a bar type counter to sit at. So if you want to go to a place by yourself, this is probably your best bet (unless you're a solo dining aficionado!). They open at 11:30. We were sitting in the parking lot, half an hour early, killing some time when we suddenly noticed that by 11:25 there were already at least five cars in the parking lot for this place.

The very first time we attempted to go it was a Saturday night, and it was crazy. Instead we went to Dotombori (from a previous post!).

I must admit that Ramen Misoya is my first jaunt into real ramen (see also: Maruchan expert).

This place is a must try.

Ramen Misoya
1584 Busse Rd
Mt Prospect, IL 60056
847.437.4590

No comments:

Post a Comment