Monday, June 30, 2014

Burger Review

I used to LOVE burgers. Then it was pizza. Now, it's avocados. But I used to LOVE burgers. Here are some of my favorite places around town:

Kuma's Corner
2900 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, IL 60618

One word to describe this place as a whole: RAWR! A metal head theme bar and restaurant, Kuma's Corner has amazing topping combinations. Sprecher's and Jack (I think) on tap. Best mac 'n cheese I've ever had. Personal favorite burger: The Neurosis.

Paradise Pup
1724 S River Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60018

This is just classic Des Plaines. Once featured on Food Network, this is a popular, cult spot. Following the formula of Chicago success: (relatively) limited menu, small joint, and cash only, they really don't disappoint. Merkts cheddar and grilled onions. It may be a pup, but don't get the dog, get the burger!

Wildburger
1550 E Oakton St
Des Plaines, IL 60018

Randomly on Oakton, this place is all right. I like the idea of it. Kinda iHipstery. It seems a little out of place next to all the auto repair shops, but it's not bad. Basically, the fanciest burger joint in Des Plaines, and it seems like it belongs in the downtown area. At least you get to choose your toppings. Fancy schmancy drinks too.

Meatheads
Streets of Woodfield

Basically a chain, this made this post because their Reuben burger was delicious. I love Reubens. Haven't found a place where I can regularly get an amazing Reuben, but Rand Roadhouse has my all-time best Reuben around St. Patrick's day.


No comments:

Post a Comment