Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Average American Male by Chad Kultgen


I love depraved books. I really do. This is one of them.

The Average American Male tells the story of a man who is just trying to get by in his relationships. All while battling the inner monologue in his head.

Scarily enough, me being a female, I've been told this is true to life. I haven't, however, been affected by the sheer honesty of the perspective. I will say, though, that the female characters aren't the best written for enjoyment (well, it's more of a guilty enjoyment), but they are very well written due to the perspective.

Finally, if you are like me and love depravity, check out Chuck Palahniuk's Choke. That was my favorite book for about five years. (1984 is currently my favorite book that I can't get enough of.)

The great thing about Average American Male and Choke are that they are lazy afternoon weekend books. You can read them in a few hours. I love binge reading, and finishing a book in one sitting. I'm on the first book of Game of Thrones and I just get intimidated when I have to put the book down (for when I'll have the time and patience to start again).

Happy reading, Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment