Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hello, blogosphere.

Hi, Lovelies!

It's been a while again hasn't it?

Well, I've come to the realization that maybe I'm not as lazy as I think. I think I'm making excuses for depression: subconscious sugar coating. 

Everything's been ok! Copious amounts of sleep and neverending fatigue were the symptoms. Lots of food and YouTube pulled me through. Now, it appears I have a hypo mania, which I intend on enjoying responsibly.

I have to say that even with a physical depression my outlook was only dulled not made hopeless. I still had a life, I just think there was a gray film over it for a bit. 

And I am medicated. Everything is manageable. Here's to being manageable in the future.

The confusing thing about depression is that I feel like there is/was a standard definition of it. After listening to the Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast and other reading I've done, I've learned that there are widely varying symptoms, as well as widely varying coping mechanisms. Even the symptoms can be bi-polar!! Insomnia can be a symptom, not just sleeping too much. (I'm not sure if I'm just a night hawk or I would get insomnia, sleep, then only want to stay sleeping. -it's probably both.)

Can you tell I'm manic?

:-T

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant post. Hit me right in the gut. Hope you're better. I got the insomnia and oversleeping bug lately. What a gray film it is indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I think I've been on a mobile lately, and forgot to reply, but I definitely went on and followed your blog on BlogLovin'! I love your sassy approach to minimalism!

      Delete