Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Empties & Retirees

I've been putting this off for so long that I'm just going to do it. Skipped some products because I waited so long I just have too many! This has been a long-time coming type thing, and I waited too long that it just needs to happen. It's the new year, and I have a bag of trash hanging about! Normally, people do videos for these. I'm not trying to be a YouTube makeup guru, but it would've been nice to make a video. Unfortunately, I am just too uptight with the production aspect. I don't have the best equipment, let alone a nice background (IMHO), and with the volume of items, it would've taken too much editing. I think it would be fun though, I just have to prioritize some things before this blog.

Anyway! Here's what I'd like to call, Empties & Retirees! Sorry, no pictures. I really wanted to get rid of all the trash, and stock photos would make this post HUGE!

Hair Care

Pantene Pro-V Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner
This one is a favorite. I've recently switched to L'Oreal. The S.O. likes the smell of L'Oreal, but it doesn't get sudsy like I like. Will probably go back to Pantene, plus it's a larger size so I'll have to replace it less and there's less packaging to dispose of.

Matrix Biolage Conditoner
Conditioner. 'Nuff said. If I remember correctly, it's a little pricey. I got it specifically for detangling like the stylist suggested, but didn't notice anything game changing.

BigSexyHair Volumizing Dry Shampoo
I swear by this stuff. Haven't tried Batiste yet, but this gets the job done. A little pricey, but it's phenomenal. 

Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco
Not sure what the actual brand of this is -got it at Target. It moisturized my hair and made it pretty silky. Like it, but don't need it. I swear by Chi Ionizing Oil, which, I'm surprised I haven't run out of that yet!

Face Care

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
It worked, but I added tea tree oil to it. Would give it another go, without the tea tree oil. I'm kind of trying out different things 'til I find something I love.

Garnier Radiance Renewer Cleansing Gelee
Same as above with the tea tree oil.

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector
Hope in a bottle. I didn't notice much, but I felt like it diminished dark spots the first time I used it.

Tea Tree Oil
I'll swear by this. A little harsh, but gets the job done. It was recommended on the interwebs to add it to your face wash, but I feel like that doesn't do much, and probably diminishes the integrity of the face wash formula. I would swipe it on your face and let it absorb. Best acne treatment I've used.

Makeup

Revlon Age Defying Foundation
I'm a fan of the ColorStay line. This was fine as a regular foundation, but again it's really hope in a bottle if you buy it for its claims.

Olay CC Cream
I like this for a general moisturizer... My wallet doesn't. It's hope in a jar, but it's not like it's horrible. Garnier's BB Cream offers better coverage (since its a BB), if that's what you're going for.

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer
It's a good product, but I'm still not convinced I need ANY primer in my routine (I haven't noticed anything life changing since starting to use primers).

ELF Tinted Moisturizer
I like the coverage and the price point. Not much to say, but I'd gladly repurchase this!

ELF Mineral Face Primer
It's tinted green to diminish redness, but I didn't notice much. Like I said, I'll use primers, but I don't really notice the staying power they're supposed to provide.

Two EOS and two Baby Lips
I prefer EOS over Baby Lips. I had one medicated Baby Lips that I loved and the black one from the neon line. I ended up scraping out the neon one into a pot lip balm because I hated the color. The other lip balm thankfully diluted the color. Can't tell if I'd purchase EOS over medicated Baby Lips, but we'll see when the day comes that I run out of lip balm.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Felt Liner
This was fine. I'm more of a kohl kind of gal, but I'd be willing to give a felt liner another go. My thing is that I tightline over making cat eyes, but maybe I'll get another felt liner to master the cat eye!

Nars Orgasm Blush
Loved this, but I don't need it in my life. Turns out I don't really notice the difference between blush shades, I just want some color on my cheeks. Found an awesome dupe though. Check out the post here.

Lotion

Pink Body Lotion in Frosted Peony and Amber
This one is an absolute favorite!!! My LDBF (Long Distance BF) gifted it to me a while ago. I couldn't find it online (except eBay) because I think it was from the Holiday Collection. A little tempted to get one off eBay though.

Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion (Sample)
Absorbs quickly into the skin, but after a while the smell was nauseating.

Suave Skin Solutions with Cocoa Butter and Shea
32 oz. I don't remember the price, but I'll assume it's economical. Purchased this the same time I purchased my Pantene shampoo and conditioner, and they lasted about the same time, which was a long time!

Fragrance

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
I know it's a trendy scent, but I would repurchase... sad it's gone.

Three body sprays from Bath & Body Works
Be Enchanted, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and Country Chic.
Country Chic is definitely my favorite with Japanese Cherry Blossom in second.

And an honorable mention:
I used my first false eyelashes! Nothing special. Salon Perfect from Wal-Mart. My friend and I did false eyelashes for the first time together back in August. One eye was wonky, but the other was perfect. Only got a second use out of them, but I didn't expect many more.



The Retirees portion is stuff that isn't consumable/toiletries/makeup that deserve a proper online burial.

Five pairs of (cheap!) sunglasses broke on me.
One pair of socks that I've had since high school, never used in the past couple of years, had holes, and I had no clue why they were still there.
My modernphilosophy wrap bracelet that I absolutely loved. The thread had worn and I kept losing beads.

So I hope that this will help you in case you're doing research on products to try. And if you made it this far, go you!

Side note: These are most of my empties since April 2014.

Hope your new year has had a great start, Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment