Monday, February 16, 2015

How I Organize on Pinterest

When I'm on Pinterest, I go crazy. Pin this, pin that. And I encourage you to just go crazy, too. Also, somehow, food pins will satiate me when I'm hungry (does anyone else get this?). But, anyway, how do I stay organized...?

The format of Pinterest lends itself to messiness. You either have to have pinned something recently, or remember what was in the description box. Well, for me, I'll make boards specifically for my next project. My DIY single-tasking board is called "In The Works." You can literally call it "Next" if you want. At best, it is a single-tasking board. My single-tasking/meal-tasking board is called, "What's on the Menu?" Even if I have 43 boards, I find that this keeps you focused and realistic versus overly ambitious and overwhelmed. Your "Next" board is the best of the best. This is what you want to and will do soon.

Keep track of your finished projects with their own board. Mine is "Been There, Done That." This gets the motivation going. Make notes on your thoughts when you edit the pin to the board. This is especially great for opinions on or adjustments to recipes.

Don't be afraid to make A LOT of boards just to be specific. This is your best bet. I have 10 DIY boards because there are a plethora of different types of crafts, and even then, I could get more specific.

Into blogs? Pin your favorite articles onto here. It's even better for your style pin board if you're more of a fashion blog reader. If you're into other types of articles that you would like to keep private, don't forget to utilize the Secret Board!

Custom Board Cover Photos
I don't think I'll do this, but I still think it's an awesome idea. I wish I had bookmarked the original place where I saw it, but if there wasn't a tutorial there, there's one here!

I feel like Pinterest needs an "I'm feeling lucky!" feature. Choose your board, choose the category, choose the whole frickin' thing. Think choosing a particular board might be the most successful out of all these ideas, but nonetheless, it's something I'd like to see.

Pinterest is an amazing thing, isn't it? Here's to hoping every link you pin stays on the Internet forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment