Sunday, April 26, 2015

Empties and Retirees

I like watching these videos on YouTube. I, however, do not have a personality that translates awesomely into video. I was thinking about trying this time, but don't have a great background to film in front of. Oh, the perks of perfectionism. One day, I might. Seriously! It could be fun. Anyway, I've got some trash to toss and mini-reviews to share:

Shower Stuffs
Pantene Pro-V Classic Care 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner for Instant Strength, Moisture & Shine
This magically appeared in my shower. Used it, did it's job. No complaints. I prefer Pantene as of now.

L'Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Intense Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner
My ex liked the smell and I grew to like it too. My hair had to get used to it before it would lather how I would like. I tried it because of Cassie at ThriftThick (YouTube) (blog) who has a SHINING personality! She reminds me of my long distance best friend. Switching back to Pantene though because it's more economical.

Dove Go Fresh Nutrium Moisture in Plum & Sakura Blossom Scent
I buy the two-packs so I've got another in my shower. Like the scent and have Pomegranate and Lemon Verbana waiting in the wings. I think I'll like that one better because it'll be more invigorating. Energizing is sort of a shower goal. :-T

Other Toiletries
Alcon Opti-Free Replenish Contact Lens Solution
Crest 3D White Travel Toothpaste
They did their job...

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel
Kind of misleading. It doesn't really "peel" like a peel mask. I'd even use this during they day under makeup... maybe that was the flaw. I don't even know what they mean by "peel!" I've used this once before and felt that it made a difference. This time, not so much. I think there's been some fading, but maybe I should try higher end next time.

Old Spice Bearglove Anti-perspirant & Deodorant
I love this. I had a roommate that would use men's deodorant because of their smell. I have to say I'm a convert. My favorite ones were this and the Foxcrest. The Foxcrest is a little too masculine for me though.

Dollar Tree
April Darling Heart Pear & Blossom Lotion
April Iris Night Blossom Lotion
April Plumberry Lotion

I love Dollar Tree lotions. They're actually not too bad for everyday, but for someone like me who drinks a lot of coffee, I don't want to use a "good" moisturizer for my hands when I'll be washing them in fifteen minutes again anyway. Despite using richer lotions after a shower, these have great cost per ounce!

Makeup
Revlon ColorStay in 320 True Beige
I'm very loyal to this foundation. With how my lifestyle has been lately, I have to say that the coverage doesn't last too long. I've also noticed that sometimes I'll look cakey, but I don't remember if I was using a damp Beauty Blonder (my term for Beauty Blender dupes!). Still, the most switching I'll do is to change to the Whipped formula. I'm sort of transitioning to using less makeup.

Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express
Not really a mascara connoisseur, but it did it's job to the very end! Honestly, the mascara I'm using right now was bought solely from the packaging. No complaints on that either. I guess I have more problems with raccoon eye from eyeliner than mascara.

Baby Lips in Grape Vine
I bought three Baby Lips from a growing curiosity on how they performed; I always have dry lips. I like the Dr. Rescue more, but I liked the pink Electro least. Dr. Rescue is highly recommended!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector
Not my favorite concealer. There's a brush tip applicator that gets somewhat gunky, and I've never been a fan of twist/click anything. Although, not my favorite, it's not the worst and provides more coverage than the Garnier roller ball - I still love that one though!

Retired
ELF Total Face Brush from Essential ($1) line
Too rough! Go with the Studio ($3) line! Not a brush connoisseur either, but I still have a few.

Two pens!
With the adaption of the Bullet Journal, I've been working on streamlining all my little notes and to do's and sometimes I just want to scribble everything out. Hence two dead pens.

White Down Alternative Comforter
Super sad about this one. Used it to the point of tearing a hole near the seams. Hopefully, I'll get used to the new (old) comforter I'm using now. It's an apt time to switch out. That old comforter is a bit warm for now.

A literal Piggy Bank
This thing is OLD! I thought I was going to bring it back, but upon reflection realized I have better jars to store coins, I usually carry all my change with me, and this was missing a screw to keep it together anyway. Out it goes!

Well, that is all. Here's to recycling my trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment