Sunday, May 24, 2015

INTJ Insights

Out of pure curiosity, I took a personality test. No, I did not come across it on Buzzfeed. ;-) I found it on 16personalities which is very comprehensive.

My result was INTJ "The Architect" and it was very spot on. What I like about this site is that it's user friendly and doesn't require much interpretation. It spells it out for you.

What I also love, is that it's given me great insight to aspects I inherently, but not explicitly knew.

For example, I work best alone. I'm going to embrace my introversion and try to find better jobs and career paths than what I had previously been looking at.

I've fully realized my love of dark humor, hence my love of Peep Show. If you read that post and checked it out, you might've been disturbed.

I'm also embracing my bookishness. I've been unapologetically reading a heck of a lot lately, and I may even pursue a Masters in Library Science. Upon so much reflection of what I want to do with my life, this just makes sense.

Another insight for me is that this personality type is very rare in women, not to mention it's only 0.8% of the population. Such a sigh of relief! (Maybe I AM a unique snowflake!;-) ) I enjoy people, but as an introvert I need time to recharge. I've found it hard to make close friends, and now I know why.

All these explicit insights have been life-changing. I mean, it's nothing MAJOR, but it could be in the future. I feel like it's given me a better direction and I won't try to be something I'm not. It's not that I was fake, it's more like it seems as if I'm at the bottom of a funnel instead of on top -with a focus.

Some famous INTJs: Thomas Jefferson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Richard Gene, among several politicians.
Some famous fictional INTJ's: Katniss Everdeen, Gandalf the Gray, Walter White and House.

Any other lost Millennials out there?

Here's to getting it together if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment