Thursday, May 21, 2015

Books as of Late

I've been reading a lot lately, both fiction and non-fiction. Some things worth reading about, some a quick read, and some I was only determined to finish for no other reason than to finish. (I know it's a sunk cost, but my slight OCD gets the best of me.)



I recently finished reading The Hunger Games series last month. A long time coming, it didn't disappoint.

Katniss Everdeen is an INTJ just like me...

I was wondering why I loved this character so much, then I took a personality test that said that Katniss is a fictional example of an INTJ.

The ending of Mockingjay felt weak, but I don't know that I could have done better. I would have liked a deeper explanation of what Panem became afterward. I have a thing for dystopian futures: Children of Men, The Road, 1984. This was a great addition to my favorites, but the ending didn't quite do it for me.

Still, it's a great read! Highly recommended.

I'm moving onto Game of Thrones now. A herculean task. I've already read the first book, but that was a while ago, so I'm going to re-read it and plow through the rest of the series. Should be pure awesomeness.

I watch the show, and let me just say I have lots of love for a lot of characters, but there's something about Petyr Baelish and Sansa Stark's relationship. I'm aware of there's a disparity between the books and the show, but I guess I'll get around to it soon enough.

Each bookmark is for when someone dies.

P.S.: Alaskan Bush People comes back next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment