Sunday, June 26, 2016

Watch the Titanic Sink in Real Time

Click here.

I found this last April on a night when I couldn't sleep.

Think it's so cool yet eerie. You get a snapshot of what happened when more than 1,500 people died.

Boring to watch at times, but for me if I fell asleep that would be ok. I tend to need something in the background to fall asleep and listen to podcasts. Then, I end up re-listening to them because of FOMO.

It was good to watch when I needed little brainpower, and finished it after work the next day. Note: if this a sleep time thing for you, it gets a bit noisy at times after the halfway point.

In only forty minutes, you notice the bottom two rows are already covered. It's a little difficult to notice the incremental changes, but if you're scrubbing around you'll definitely notice. I was more interested in the timeline subtitles. Subtitle narrative picks up once the lifeboats launch (about an hour in). They only increase in frequency from there.

I got emotional viewing this; might've been the tired talking, but it's terrifying because this was real life. And it hits harder when it's not sensationalized with a love story. Or overshadowed by character development.

You're seeing the recreation of 1,500 people's slow demise and it puts into perspective the actual tragedy.

History is some important for learning anything's development, and sadly, history has never been my thing. I just have to share something that made history interesting and tangible for me. I have to add that I do really enjoy fashion history and advertising history.

But I still want to re-watch Titanic.

One a lighter note, I totally don't want to live on a boat now.

No comments:

Post a Comment